Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in the saddle again

Well - all that weight I lost while pregnant with the baby girl has mysteriously reappeared. Seriously I have NO idea how that weight found it's way back onto my body!! LOL So this last Monday (Jan 7, 2008) I officially started back on my diabetic diet.

So far I've lost 4 lbs.....I know water weight, but hey I lost 4 lbs. :) The best part is that last night I slept really good. I did get up with the baby girl around 3:30am, but I still woke up feeling more refreshed than I have in a long time. Okay, I'll admit I'm still a little tired, but this week I've made it into work by 7am each day which is huge since the last month or so it's been hit or miss.

The added bonus is that even though I'm stressed about work and crap that needs to be done at home I now feel like I have the drive and energy to get it done. Which means that this weekend I'm going to put away all the laundry that has been sitting in baskets for the last month. Guess I'll hafta post on Monday to let you know whether or not I gave K a heart attack.

On a side note a department at work I help support has a contest aptly named "The Fat Off". For a $10 entry fee you have 3 months to lose as much weight as you can. Who ever loses the biggest percentage of weight wins the pot. This year we're looking at about $100 for the Women's winner with a $50 bonus for the overall winner. Hmmm.....sounds like I'll be flying up to Chicago after April 7th to visit my cousin for a few days and still have some $$ left over!!!

No comments: