Then there's the behavior modification therapy. Basically we're to use timeout more.......okay, I don't get this. I know I (and I do mean I) need help in dealing with him as he's got it in his little mind that Mommy's a push over. I know it's us as the parental units that need the behavior modification rather than Stephen. Once our behavior is more appropriate in dealing with him then he should fall in line. Really the boy is only reacting to his environment and all the crap that he's gone through since birth.
- 15mo old - new daycare
- 18mo old - overnight stay in hospital
- 18mo - 3yo - sick and home with mom 2 dys every 2-3 weeks
- 20mo old - beginning of daily zyrtec
- 25mo old - speech therapy and we move
- 28mo old - start on flovent daily
- 2.5yo - mom and dad seperate, mom moves in with her parents
- 2.75yo - mom moves into apartment with another man, dad starts dating woman with own child
- 3yo - mom moves again & starts dating
- 3.25yo - dealing with step-sibling at mom's house
- 3.5yo - arrival of new baby brother
- 3.75yo - leave daycare and move again (mom), start new "school"
- 4yo - dad moves into another house with previously mentioned girlfriend
- 4.25yo - stop all asthma related meds.
- 4yo-4.5yo - at 3 different daycares due to his behavior issues
- 4.5yo - dad remarries, dad moves again
With all of that no wonder the boys has issues and problems. I honestly believe that once we get his ODD under control that there will really be no need for the ADHD medication. I think it's a by product of him being unhappy and ODD.
Oh well - overall I'm in a weird place in my life. Glad that Stephen's getting help, but I don't think it's enough help.