Thursday, November 02, 2006

Parent - Teacher Conference

Let me preface this post by stating that even though Stephen is on medication for ADHD, and we as the parental group have changed our behaviors I still believe we all have a lot of work to do. Especially since I'd love to get the boy on a lower dosage and if possible wean him completely off of the meds.

Anyhoo - week or so ago we had our Fall Parents-Teacher conference. All were in attendance (me, Keith, ex-H and his new wifey). Stephen's teacher and speech therapist had nothing but glowing and positive things to say about Stephen. In his IEP (Individual Education Plan) he has 5 goals - and he met one!!! This was the one I was most concerned about: sitting still for 10 minutes and following directions.

Needless to say I'm estatic that he's making such great progress. Now if he can just keep it up - keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: