Sunday, July 08, 2007

Crying, Crying and more Crying

I don't know who's been crying more: me because she's crying so much and I don't know what's wrong or Baby A.

Seriously folks, I think she has colic. But rather than crying 2-3 hours at a time she cries pretty much anytime from 8am to 5-7pm unless I'm holding and/or nursing her. The gas drops do help, and I have noticed that after she has her 2-4 good daily poops is when she well craps out.

I've given up all Mexican (too spice), all caffine (including my beloved morning cup), most Chinese food (brocoli, etc seem to upset her), and have severly limited my intake of chocolate. These have helped, but she still just gets pissed off for a lack of a better term and the only thing that seems to settle her down eventually is nursing.

Basically I'm the human pacifier again. Not bad at night as A and I sleep together, but during the day it sucks big time. Especially since I had to send the sling I ordered back as it was too big. Trust me the new one in the correct size can not come soon enough.

Then to top it off I think she's going through her 6 week growth spurt early.....at least there I can help and once she does fall asleep (for a good 3-4 hour nap) I can get in 2, sometimes 3 small pumping sessions to help boost supply.

Hope this ends soon.......

2 comments:

Jen said...

Give her some gas drops before feeding - that might help some...we loaded our girls up with gas drops all the time - you can give up to 12 doses in a 24 hour period....

and TAG
http://chaosamongus.blogspot.com/2007/07/poppin-my-tag-cherry.html

Karen said...

Hovver the mouse just on the top line of the title bar - you'll get the cursor. Just click and start typing the title. Took me two hours to work this out last week too - did my head in!!!