Wednesday, August 29, 2007

School lunches sure are better.....

....than when I was kid. Seriously here....no joke.

This week is my last week to drive myself to work so I thought I'd take the opportunity to go have lunch with S at school. (He's in all day kindergaten.) Plus they were having pizza - the boy's favorite.

Oh, if you care I start taking the bus next Tuesday. Figured out I could save approximately $300/mo if I rode the bus vs driving myself.

What was also weird is that they basically have the kids serve themselves. No longer does the lunch lady populate your tray with the various menu items for the day, but you get to choose!! They have 3 choices of the main entree (today it was salad, pizza, or sandwhich) and then you choose your three sides (carrot sticks, cooked veggies, and/or applesauce). Plus you get not only chocolate and plain milk, but strawberry....AND you can choose a juice drink as well.

Also, it was nice to see that my little monster is one of the tamest of the bunch. No joke - there were a few kids there that I thought could benefit from a few doses of S's ADHD meds. However, it was nice to see my kid is normal....even if his parents are not.

No comments: