Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Snickerdoodle Snob

Yup - that's me. What is a Snickerdoodle Snob you ask?? We'll for me I won't eat nor buy just any snickerdoodle. You see a snickerdoodle is more than just a sugar cookie rolled in a cinnamon and sugar mixture and baked to perfection. It's all about the Cream of Tartar. (And if you want to know more about cream of tartar than you want please check out: http://www.ochef.com/933.htm) Actually the recipe as a whole is different.

Cream of Tartar - yes, any snickerdoodle made with this magic substance is worth my consideration and the $$ to purchase such a treat. Of course unless the ingredients are listed I don't even waste my time. However, the coffee shop next door to work has the most tempting version yet. I asked - and low and behold all that is mighty they make 'em themselves and yes they use Cream of Tartar!! You see the owner is a snickerdoodle snob as well!!! You bet your sweet bippy I bought myself one and slowly enjoyed every last morsel with a great cup o' joe.

However, I must resist....otherwise any weight I've lost will be gained very quickly from eating one of those delicious little morsels.

No comments: