Monday, August 23, 2010

Our new journey into Autism

Last Thursday T was diagnoised as ADHD and Pervasive Development Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (aka PDD-NOS).  The ADHD we kinda suspected and we can deal with that - have been dealing with it for the last 5yrs with S.

However, PDD-NOS (a condition on the autism spectrum) was not what we were expecting.
http://www.autismspeaks.org/navigating/pdd_nos.php

Searching the internet doesn't help either - soooo much information it makes one feel overwhelmed and that there's no hope.

However, I have a wonderful husband and father who is researching and calling everyone he can to get T the services he needs.  K was hoping to re-join the work force this Fall, but due to T's diagnoises he's going to wait until next Fall - we assume by then everything should be under control.

I must confess that I cry a little each day - wondering how such a sweet, adorable and loving boy could have this.  Why him?  I'm also mourning the loss of what I dreamed he would be like when he grew-up.  I'm not saying it still isn't possible - but it's a long road filled with obstacles that he may or may not over come.

No comments: