Thursday, May 24, 2007

I think he's in DENIAL. . .

. . . and I'm not talking about the river in Egypt.

When I found out I was pregnant K and I were both thinking "Oh, shit". We hadn't really decided if we were done or not, but getting pregnant when we did was the last thing on our "to do" list.

We discussed all of the options, and we both agreed that the only thing we could live with would be to have the child.

He seemed to be okay with that up until we found out it was a girl. Even then he seemed okay as he knew there was a chance the sonogram tech was wrong. However, for the last 6 weeks I've been having a weekly sonogram to check my fluid levels (this is due to the gestational diabetes) and the tech has been kind enough to confirm the gender each time.

She is definitely a SHE.

Within the last few weeks K has become more distant. Even to the point of when I talk about the Bean and her arrival he seems to tune me out.

I'm really hoping tonight we can talk as I can't go through this emotionally alone. I mean I know he'll be there physically, but I'm not sure about emotionally right now.

No comments: