Thursday, July 29, 2010

UPDATE: My Coke Addition

http://jhawker-fan.blogspot.com/2010/04/confession-im-addicted-to-coke.html

Well the last time I tried to quit I didn't do too good.  Fell of the wagon and over-induldged myself.  Didn't help that Wally World has a 6-pack of 24 oz bottles on sale for $3.00 - yes, $ .50 per bottle!!!

The end of June we decided it was time to get serious about no fast food, and I was to give up my beloved Coke.  K gave up taking the kids to lunch at McD's, BK, etc during the week.  I have not had a regular coke since then....4 whole weeks.  Weeks 1, 2 and even 3 were no problem...however, this last weekend and continuing into this week I've been Jonesing for a Coke baaaaaaaadddddd.

So today I broke down, went to CVS, and bought myself a Diet Coke w/Lime.  This is only the 3rd carbinated beverage I've had since going cold turkey.  Needless to say I now have a headache, and am regretting my decision.

Then again it could just be sugar overload from the Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie!!  OMG those things are sooo good!!  Definitely better than my yogurt sitting in the fridge at work.

I'm hoping if I can channel my stuborn side to stick to the "no coke" rule, maybe - just maybe, I'll be able to stick to my diet and no fast food rule.

No comments: