Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The sweetest smile

When I got home from work Tuesday I entered the house to sounds of "mommy, mommy" from the boys and Baby A's high pitched squeals. After I get all of my hugs and kissies I notice S's smile. It's hard not to as big as he was grinning - so proud of himself. He had lost his 2nd top front tooth. Grand total lost s 4 now.

He'd lost the first one about a week to 2 weeks ago. He was so adament about pulling it out I stayed up with him and helped him. Knowing if I didn't he'd stay awake until he pulled it out and would then come get me to "call" the tooth fairy. Well, the same with tooth #2. Monday night I had to convince him to leave it alone and go to bed, but I would help him on Tuesday pull it out. The little stinker couldn't wait that long and played with it enough Tuesday morning at school that before lunch he'd pulled it out.

What surprised me is that when I look at him and when he smiles I see this child-like innocence / joy that wasn't there before. Or it's always been there and I've never noticed. Secondly, I was really surprised at how absolutely adorabaly cute he looks. I've never thought kids with both top teeth missing were all that "cute".

If I can get off my duff tonight I'll see if I can get the boy to pose for a few pictures.

No comments: