Monday, May 05, 2008

Scapegoat

I have a feeling that's what my new name will be around work. Never mind that I told my old boss when I was 10wks pregnant that I was pregnant, and would really like someone to train now and have them for at least 3 months when I got back from maternity leave (ML). Oh, and let's not forget all the crazy ass hours I worked before having Baby A, and all the long hours I put in now that I'm back to work.

No one, and I mean NO ONE understands exactly what I do. My old boss got a nice eye opening when I was on ML, and my new co-worker is starting to realize how much manual crap we do. Yet the fact remains - I'm still behind on my current plans that need to be paid, the 2 new ones I got recently, and the testing of the new system that is to be in place by June 13th.

There are only so many hours in the day and I have a family damnit. If anyone should be to blame it's management for not getting me help back in Nov 2006 when I said I needed it. NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!!! Seriuosly folks, I had to practically re-create all the work that was done while on ML as well as keep up the current work and take on 3 (now 4) new plans/projects.

Everyone is doing the finger pointing thing and it's all in my direction. Well, you know what? My finger points as well and I just might have to point out everything that's been wrong with this project from the beginning. I'm tired of trying to keep people out of trouble....especially the ones that are pointing the fingers at me.

No comments: