Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Elp mom-EE, Elp!!"

Note: For those of you who do not speak toddler that's "Help Mommy, Help"

This is the pharse my adorable yet cunning 2yo has uttered the last 3 nights when "dad-EE" carries him off to bed. Not only is this hearbreaking as he utters these words with a look of sadness and pleading - his little arms outstretched towards me, but it's quiet funny as well. It also has us concerned that at 2 years old he's already figured out if he doesn't like what one parent says or does, go ask the other.

And in a way it's frustrating......I can't get that boy to say "mom-EE" any other time during the day, but wait until "dad-EE" starts to pick him up and put him in his crib and from the multiple utterances of "mom-EE" you'd think it was the only word he knew. See to T this is a game. When I start asking him who everyone is he'll tell me until I say "Who am I" and the response???? "dad-EE!!" said with glee and an ornery grin on his face. He knows who I am - just refuses to call me "mom-EE".

No comments: