Thursday, October 11, 2007

Turtles, Fish and Snakes - Oh MY!

Well - apparently I've gone completely insane as I've agreed to get Stephen a snake for his birthday coming up. There are two reasons for this: (1) K already has all the equipment we'll need so we just need to buy the snake, and (2) the kids already have enough toys.

I guess there is a third - Stephen really would like one. I've been doing a little research and I'm thinking we'll go with a Corn Snake. They don't get very big, but do live for up to 20 yrs though. Best of all they're not poisonous. Believe it or not, Stephen really wants a rattle snake - no way in hell.

So the next step is to find some place or someone that is willing to have an instructional session with myself, K, and S on how to care for a snake. 'Cause the last thing I want is for it to die a week after getting it or for it to get out.

No comments: