Friday, June 09, 2006

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TYLER


Well, one year ago today I was anxiously trying to remain calm knowing that the next day we'd be headed to the hospital at 5:30am so I could get prepped and ready for your arrival. You weren't completely planned but definitely wanted, and I knew our lives would never be the same once you arrived.

Getting prepped for the c-section was easy - but the longest 2 hour wait of my life. Once I was ready in the operating room they brought in Daddy. Daddy held my hand until you were retrieved from your comfy little womb that had been your home for the last 9mos. You were beautiful.......even if you were completely covered in amnotic fluid and vernex....and you were mine. Once I knew you were okay I made Daddy go with you when they took you for your first bath. At this point they were putting everything back and it was the longest damn 45 minutes ever......I just wanted to get back to my room and snuggle with my new little peanut.

I was sooo nervous in the hospital about how I would get around not only with a nice incision that had to heal, but with dealing with my broken tailbone (arse). Somehow we managed, and by the time we were kicked out the hospital we were well acquainted. Now to introduce you to your new home. Once home it took us a little longer to get settled and into a routine.

Now that you will be a year old tomorrow I truly can't imagine my life without you in it. You've made me realize that I can love you and Stephen with all my heart, and yet love you each so differently. I love watching your personality emerge, your awe and wonder a new or interesting things, your unexpected fear of cats, your belief that Stephen's main purpose in life is to entertain you, your bordem when Stephen's at his dad's, the joy on your face when someone you know and love walks into a room, you're pouty little lip when you're told no, the look on your face when you've finally mastered something new, and especially the way you snuggle with me in the middle of the night.

Happy FIRST Birthday my little Peanut........and yes you'll always be my peanut.

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

Happy 1st B-day Tyler!!!

I cannot believe he is 1 already!?!? WOW.

Hope he had a good day.

EJ