Thursday, June 29, 2006

My week of fun so far (NOT!)

This is my week so far......somedays being a parent sucks, but having cute kids does make it worth it.

Monday: Took Stephen to his 10:30 appointment to be evaulated for psych meds. Apparently none are needed, but now we're off to KU Med to get him appointments to be evaluated for Autism and ADD/ADHD. That night noticed Tyler was warm - gave him ibuprofen, and check his temp in 30 minutes. Hoovering around 100-101 - GREAT!

Tuesday: Tyler woke at 4:30am - still had a nice fever going even with Tylenol and ibuprofen in his system. During the debate on whether to take him to the ER he fell asleep - for only 20 minutes. So, at 7:20am we headed to the doctor's office. Got there - they couldn't see us until after 11am.....off to Prompt Care we go. Got in within 15 minutes. The boy had a double ear infection with a possible sinus infection. Then to the pharmacy. Got his prescription as well as more tylenol and ibuprofen. Headed home. Spent the rest of the day trying to get the little stinker to sleep or to eat or to drink - of course he wouldn't do any of those. He took a total of 1 hour in naps.....but it was broken up through the day in 3 little naps. The boy finally just crashed on the living room floor at 9:30pm. Kept waking about every 45 minutes until around 1:30am when he was out until 6am Wednesday.

Wednesday: Keith (the most wonderful man in the world) got Stephen ready for daycare and took care of Tyler while I passed out on the couch for another 2 hrs. I finally awoke around 8:30am and made it to work by 10am. However, Tyler decided he wanted to add puking to his list of aliments. He did at least get a good 2 hr nap while at daycare - but he was still running a fever and was getting some weird rash all over. So I get to leave work early to take him to the doc. They didn't do a damn thing - so we headed back home again. (Only major bonus was that Chipotle was near by so I got to feed my addiction!!) Thankfully Sperm Donor wanted Stephen early this week so it was just us 3. Which unfortunately was a great relief as I was beginning to feel guilty about ignoring Stephen as Tyler demanded sooo much attention. Actually got Tyler to bed at a decent hour - he only woke once and seemed perfectly fine this morning.

Thursday: Miss Stephen - know I shouldn't, but I still worry about him at his dad's. Anyhoo - actually left the house at 7:20 this morning but realized on the way to work had to get gas. Then there was some stupid slow down on I-35 and then near work 5 lines were down to 2.....so rather than getting to work around 8:15am I made it in a little after 9am. Guess it's a good thing I planned on working until 6pm tonight.

I'll admit - if my week doesn't start getting better I may begin drinking heavily.

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

If you start drinking, I'm on my way!

Hugs!
EJ