Sunday, June 25, 2006

My House Husband

Keith quit his job over a week ago. I don't blame him....he never knew until the day before if he had to work and getting days off was almost impossible, and the health insurance cost was outrageous. So I fully supported him quiting and finding another job. This last week he was off was great. My house husband cleaned, did dishes, did laundry (which I had to fold and put away), and even took and picked up the boys from daycare. All the while he was submitting resumes and applications, and going on interviews. He's got a couple of job offers but the pay isn't quiet what he'd like but the hours are set and the job is what he wants.

However, I must confess with quarter-end and month-end coming up at work having a house husband around would've been a great stress relief. Too bad I can't get that $20,000/yr raise so that he could be a SAHD (Stay At Home Dad - for you non-accronym types).

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

Hey maybe I need to find one of those!

Good luck to Keith with the job search. I would agree too quitting too if in that situation...

Hugs,
EJ