Friday, July 21, 2006

I'm finally in PANIC mode . . . . .

. . . .in regards to our trip next week. I'm surprised I've held it together as long as I have. However, now that I'm behind at work (damn shit that nobody thinks about and I get to clean-up) and we're leaving in less than a week the panic is slowly creeping to the front.

I will admit with Keith not working this last week has probably hendered the onset of my panic. You see he's been able to keep the dishes done, make dinner, and sorta keep up with the laundry. All I've been doing is get the boys ready in the morning, leave for work, work, come home, eat dinner, bed....and do it all over again the next day.

I know I owe him so that is why I haven't complained one bit about him going 45 minutes away tonight to race his ATV (4-wheeler). He won't be home until late - but I don't care. He deserves this. Hell, I even drove 45 minutes from work in the opposite direction of home to pick up his ATV so he'd have it for tonight. Some of you are thinking "SO?" - well after picking up said ATV that made my drive home at 2hrs so I did not arrive at our little abode until 8pm. Doesn't give me much time to spend with the kid(s) when they goto bed at 8:30pm.

Anyhoo - I just keep running through my mental list of shit that has, and I mean HAS, to be done before we can fly out of KCI Tuesday morning. Hopefully with Keith gone I can get the last of the laundry folded and then packed (why put it away when it's going to end up in a suitcase in two days anyway???). Then we have all weekend - both boys are at their other parents house and Stephen's with his dad until Tuesday. As long as Mr Needy (aka Tyler) cooperates I should be able to get a lot done.

Breathe deeply...........hell, just breathe. Before I know it I'll be chasing 3 kids around the airport at an ungodly hour of the morning and starting the first leg of our adventure.

No comments: