Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Birthdays

Birthdays come and birthdays go.......when you're younger you look forward to the following milestones:

10 - you're in double-digits now
14 - get your learner's permit
16 - get your driver's license
18 - buy cigarettes
20 - no longer a teenager
21 - legal to do just about everything
25 - lower car insurance

After those......they're pretty meaningless......that is until you hit 35. Let me re-phrase that - until I hit 35.

Yes - today is my big 35th birthday. 29 didn't bother me and neither did 30.....but for some reason this year my birthday is actually a little depressing.

I've come to the conclusion I like my 30's.......but turning 35 means I'm half done with them and also half way there to 40. 40....sounds bad even typing it out.

Guess I need to focus on the positive. When I'm 40 I can look forward to:
* Having a 10yo, 8yo, 6yo, & 4yo.....which means no more diapers!
* Less time to get out the door to go anywhere
* The only debt I'll have will be my mortgage payment

Dang - that's it?? Hmm.....better start thinking of other things otherwise the next few birthday's are going to be just as depressing.

No comments: