Monday, March 12, 2007

Speaking of people NOT listening

Friday I had the day off from work. It was a great afternoon just running errands by myself and coming home to a nice quiet house - until the boys got home.

One of the errands was to pick up my new glasses. Now before I ordered them I made sure I told the gal that I'm very sensitive to certain curves, etc.....and the last time I got new lenses the center point of each lenses was off a few mm. Okay - this may not be much, but when you look through the wrong part of the lens you get a vertigo like feeling. So the gal measured everything to confirm measurements before ordering.

Well - of course something was wrong. I tell her this, but she insists on fitting them and tells me to try them for a week. HA! After wearing them for 5 hours I had the worst headache and was on the verge of puking.....wait a week my arse.....I'm calling today. I should mention that I repeatedly tell her that there's something wrong and I should know.....I've been wearing glasses since I was 10 yo.

Unfortunately - I'm not sure when I'll be able to get in to get everything remeasured. Plus I do need new glasses as the lenses in my current frames are cracking. Flaw with these lenses when used with rimless glasses......didn't know this at the time I ordered them over 2 years ago.

I just hope they take care of this issue without treating me like an idiot (like the gal did on Friday)......otherwise I'm off to find a new optometrist.

No comments: